all the way back on the first day of this year, i jotted down a list of diabetes related goals for the year. it has sat in my drafts since then, probably wishing it had legs to walk and a voice to talk.
i read over them this morning and decided that i wanted to give them a chance to speak and to show the progress i feel i have made with each of them.
here are the goals i wrote on january first:
1. i am going to keep looking at my 7, 14, and 30 day averages when my blood sugars have been whacky.
(i haven’t even kind of done this)
3. i am going to go for that run with level up packets tucked nicely my fanny pak and not panic if i dip a little low.
4. i am not going to skip a doctors appointment because i feel shame in showing her my readings.
5. i am not going to wait until a week before my endo appointment to ‘try harder’ at diabetes management.
6. i am going to spend an extra two seconds to tuck in my pump cord
7. i am going to look into getting a dexcom and either get one or get a 530 g
8. when i get a new cgm, i will actually wear it
overall, i’m feel pretty good.
cheers to september!